Data Protection is of high importance for us and we want to be open and transparent about how we process your personal data.
In this privacy notice you can check out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
WHO IS THE CONTROLLER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The company Hero AG is the controller of the personal data you provide to us (as described in this Privacy Notice). This means that, according to applicable data protection laws, we are responsible for your personal data.
Here you can find further details:
Name: Hero AG
Address: Karl-Roth Strasse 8, 5600 Lenzburg, Switzerland
Company registration number: CHE-106.043.830
WHERE DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data is stored and processed within the EEA and Switzerland, the latter being a country offering an adequate level of data protection according to the European Commission adequacy decision.
Your personal data may also be transferred to territories outside the EEA or Switzerland. For those countries without an adequacy decision from the European Commission, we implement Standard Contractual Clauses to ensure the protection of your data.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within the Hero Group (as described in the sections below).
We may also forward some of your personal data to our official distributor, media agencies and providers of customer support related services to provide you with the services described in the section below.
Additionally, our technological service providers may have access to your personal data for maintenance and security purposes.
When your data is forwarded to third parties, they act as personal data processor and process the personal data on behalf of Hero AG. By way of clarification, we never forward your personal data to third parties with the intention of selling or swapping your data, but with the solely goal of providing you with our products and services as described in this Privacy Notice.
WHY DO WE NEED TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will process your personal data to manage your queries or handle any other requests you may address to us about our company.
What type of personal data we process?
We will process the following categories of personal data:
- Contact information: full name, address, phone number and email address.
- All correspondence in the matter.
What is the legal ground for processing your personal data?
The processing of your personal data is based on Hero AG’s legitimate interest.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest. We will no longer to process your personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate ground to process your data that overrides your interest and rights.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We do not keep your data longer than necessary. Depending on the nature of your request, and specially in relation to legal claims, we can hold your personal data for a maximum of 4 years for case management purposes.
A “cookie” is a small text file that our website stores on your computer, mobile or any other device that you use to visit us.
We incorporate functional cookies that are necessary to run our website and improve the user experience.
Erasing cookies: you can delete cookies from your computer or mobile device by following your browser instructions on how to handle and delete cookies (look at the "Help" section in your browser) Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of all our features.
WHICH ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Right to access:
At any time, you can request us to provide you with information about your personal data. You can reach us through email@example.com , we will provide you with a copy of your personal data via e-mail.
Right to rectification:
If you believe the personal data, we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you can request us to correct or complete this information.
Right to portability:
When we process your data based on your consent or a contract, you can request us to transfer your personal data to you.
You can also request us to directly transfer your personal data to another company whose services you would like to use. We would only be able to do this when it is technically feasible.
Right to erasure:
You can require us to delete your personal data under the following circumstances:
- Your data is no longer needed.
- You decide to withdraw your consent to process your personal data.
- You exercise your right to object (see below) and there is no overriding legitimate interest.
- The deletion of your personal data is required to comply with the applicable law.
- Your personal data have been unlawfully processed.
Right to object:
You are entitled to request us to stop processing your personal data in two different situations:
- Direct marketing: you can opt out from direct marketing communications by following the instructions provided in each marketing email.
- Legitimate interest: when the processing of your personal data that is based on our legitimate interest, you can request us to longer process your personal data. However, if we demonstrate legitimate grounds for the processing of such data which overrides your interests and rights, we will be allowed to continue processing your personal data.
Right to restriction:
“Restriction” implies that your personal data may, except for storage, only be processed:
- With your consent for the exercise of legal claims.
- For the protection of other natural or legal person’s rights.
- To protect the public interest of an EU Member State.
The right to restriction can be exercised when:
- You exercise your right to rectification; you can request us to stop processing your personal data until we verify your request and correct the data.
- The processing of the personal data is unlawful, but you do not want your personal data to be deleted.
- Your personal data is no longer needed, but you do not want us to delete the information.
- You have objected to the processing of personal data based on our legitimate interests, and the decision on such objection is still pending.
How can you exercise your rights?
We have a dedicated team that will support you in relation to the exercise of your rights. You can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to lodge a complaint:
If you consider that we are processing your personal data in an incorrect way, you can always contact our Customer Service. Be aware that you also have the right to raise a complaint to a supervisory authority.